Spring Cleaning for Your Oriental Rug May 02, 2013
As the spring weather begins to arrive so does the thought of spring cleaning. At this time people clean their house from top to bottom, so don’t forget the rugs! Below are a few spring cleaning tips provided by the professionals at Gregorian Rugs of Boston, MA for your oriental rug(s). These easy rug care tip will help keep your oriental rugs beauty intact.
- Vacuum regularly to keep the dirt from being ground in is crucial to extending the life of the rug. Vacuum at least once a week, but more often depending on the amount of foot traffic your rug receives.
- For a complete and thorough cleaning, vacuum the back of the rug as well! This will loosen up the dirt that is in the foundation of the rug.
- Do NOT vacuum over fringes and binding. This will ruin the fringe and the side cords, causing them to become fuzzy and tear. Use a vacuum extension, such as a soft brush on the fringe and side cords.
- Clean up spills immediately. For serious stains that need professional attention make an appointment with Gregorian Rug Cleaning professionals
- Gregorian Rugs recommends you have your oriental rugs professionally cleaned every 3-5 years. Not everyone who cleans carpets has been properly trained in rugs. Removing dust and drying are the key steps in cleaning rugs and could reduce the risk of color run or any damages to the foundation. Here are more rug care tips by Gregorian Rugs of Boston, MA!
To have a professional take care of your serious rug damage call Gregorian Rugs and make an appointment today to have your oriental rug professional cared for!
Gregorian Rugs- 2284 Washington Street, Newton Lower Falls, MA 02462 617-244-2553.
Oriental Rugs in Boston - Hours: Sunday 12-5, Monday 10-6, Tuesday 10-6, Wednesday 10-7, Thursday 10-7, Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-5